- Our wild English garden has an abundance of vegetables, flowers, berries & herbs.
- Wander through the orchard with 22 apple, pear & plum trees.
- Tour with your host, Henri, to discover the magical, mystical nature of this land.
- A tranquil pond where dragonflies, butterflies, frogs & many other smaller pond creatures dwell
- A lavish display of colour to feast the eyes in our ever
changing flower gardens
- Stretch your imagination with the wooden animal sculptures throughout the gardens.
- Whimsical structures & stone creations may be discovered while touring the garden paths.
- A garden to table cornucopia reflected in Tangachee's successful food business - Sunshine Rock Farm, selling organic jams, jellies, chutneys, calendula healing cream - all originating from her garden.
"Shhh... if you're quiet, you'll hear a very unusual sound: SILENCE, resonating in abundance in this place. A pleasant & powerful reminder that order & balance come not from straight roads, manicured lawns or any mix of modern conveniences but from the often overlooked beauty of nature in her unadulterated form. This weekend has reaffirmed our belief that the greatest things in life are seldom tangible. Thank you, Henri & Tangachee" Alasdair & Melissa, Victoria
“Merci, Henri, Quel bel endroit si plein de magie ou l’environement est roi. Ton acceuil et ta chaleur si naturelle, en sourire nous remplisse de bonheur et nous invite a revenir.” Jacques, Maui, USA.
“Many words come to mind – tranquil, rejuvenating, harmony, balance, beautiful, whimsical, intentional, stewardship, uncovering, gracious,transforming…. when trying to describe a place that transcends words. We have been so fortunate to have been able to spend a few days becoming acquainted with Dancing Light Cottage and the unique couple that have dreamed & toiled to make it what it is and is becoming. Thank You!” Al & Deb, Minnesota, USA.
“Thanks so much for making our first visit to Salt Spring so amazing. Dancing Light is such a peaceful and inviting place to stay – we never want to leave! It really is a charmed life here. Thank you for the flowers, the jams, the garden visits….it was such a wonderful stay and hopefully won’t be the last! Peace and love.” Karen and Graeme…
"Everything is beautiful. The house is amazingly peaceful. The energy inside and outside is blissful. The secret garden is very special, filled with all kinds of joyful and peaceful and happy little beings. Thank you for your sweet reception and your kind hospitality." Jean, Brenda and Natasha, Vancouver, BC.
"I thought I got lucky when I first talked to Tangachee... I had no idea what kind of gift the universe had for me! Henri & Tangachee, you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your magic with me." Polina, California.
I don't want to leave! I want to stay here forever!!" Irina, Denver, Colorado.